Saturday, March 7, 2009

Okay, okay, I'll blog to resurrect the economy.


In August of last year, I wrote a blog, which many of my fans (see comments 1-3 of my first blog) are aware, was identified by several economics pundits as the trigger for massive financial collapse, not only in America, but throughout the world. The figure above shows one of my favorite companies, Apple, whose stock began declining shortly after my first (and only blog) from a peak of $180 to its current value of around $80/share. The housing market has dropped even more precipitously. After much consideration, I am certain that it was the pessimistic tone of the first blog--which, at the time seemed quite prescient to me--that it was unlikely I would remember the URL and return to blog ever again. I regret that statement, and the unfortunate effect that it had on all of us on this planet. As no others were involved in the unravelling of our entire economic system, and I am solely to blame, I would like to apologize, from the bottom of my heart, to every man, woman, and child who has been harmed directly or indirectly by the paucity of my blogs. I did not intend to destroy the economy, but I did, there is no mistake. And I do take responsibility. I am therefore announcing today, via blog, that I will be returning to blogging and will additionally be twittering, mostly in English, but occasionally in Japanese (www.twitter.com/timothyrand), in order to return financial stability to the World.
Yours truly,
Timothy A. Rand MD/PhD


No comments: